Chart for Facebook

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sol Sol 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mandi Rae
    Mandi Rae
    Participant

It occurred to me recently that I have been immersed in and used facebook for networking and communicating almost exclusively for the last 7 ish years. It has been a catalyst for my music career and has allowed me to connect with countless people. Yet recently, I have deleted my personal facebook page several times. Everytime I reactivate i notice, my disdain for the whole thing is growing at a fast rate! I have started relating to it in a much different way than ever. I am excited… to disconnect from it is almost like a breath of fresh air. Anyhow. I got very curious about what Facebook’s chart looked like. Here it is.

The things I initially found interesting: facebook is an aquarius sun! That makes so much sense! hahah. But its an ascendent and moon is in Cancer which really shows that Facebook inner nature is greatly swayed by emotions. Everyday we get on facebook and in essence, connect emotionally with people and things. On top of that Facebook’s moon is in the 1st house. ha. Emotions right out there for EVERYONE TO SEE. Also with it being conjunct the ascendent, it makes sense that Facebook doesn’t allow people to get very close. Communicating at an arms length.

Anyhow those were some of my very initial rudimentary observations. I am curious to see how this social media platform will progress in its role in our lives. Anyone wanna offer up some interesting things that jump out at them?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of LeoMoon
    LeoMoon

Of course it points to the emotions because that’s what our advertising does 😉 it is by no means strange that more and more ppl move to use facebook as their exclusive means of connecting with other ppl. HOWEVER I believe that one should also be aware that facebook is not pointing a gun at your temple forcing you to create fake friendships. I’ve heard ppl before say things like “But our social media/facebook makes you collect ppl you dont know and call them friends. How fake are our friendships nowadays!”; well the same type of person that surely has false friendships in real life.

What I am trying to say it’s that we have responsibility on what kind of relationships we create, facebook is not forcing you to add ppl you dont know to your list; I personally dont do that; most are friends and relatives and ppl I’ve met on the net. I have not added either my hypocritical high school ex-classmates that bullied me and later added me to facebook as soon as they knew I had one; those are all blocked 😀 because I dont like bullshit 😀

Simply most ppl dont have the courage to live authentically and now they blame social media for that too :p

Just a thought.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of LeoMoon LeoMoon.
    Profile photo of Maurice Fernandez
    Maurice Fernandez
    Participant

I wonder what the time 2:40pm comes from?
    I have a later time of day….

It is a fascinating chart – the Sun/Neptune in Aquarius is very telling, for both community and cyber reality, but the Neptune aspect brings a collective dimension to this, dissolving borders and facilitating the connection with people beyond distance and nationality. Facebook is now part of collective consciousness (Neptune to Sun)

The Cancer component brings a personal dimension, as many people use this Aquarian model to share PERSONAL stories – their family events, their immediate concerns, etc… Facebook is also very visual…Images play a big role.

I dont think it is necessarily fake friendships…that really depends on what you expect from the network – to each their way of using this tool.

Mandi Rae
    Participant

Maurice, I got 2:40 from the wikipedia page. Apparently 2:40 pm was when the first post made, so that is what I went with. However maybe there is a more official time.

I like what you are saying about the Cancer bringing the personal dimension to the Aquarian model. That is exactly my line of thinking. I have looked at charts for companies and for events but for some reason this is particularly fascinating to me.

I too am not sure about the fake friendships aspect, I have actually made some very real connections through facebook. However, I am concerned about the use, like ALL communication, of propaganda and political spin. Its very nerve wracking for it to be the only means of interpersonal communication AND information gathering in the same space. This is why I was so attracted to looking at the chart!

What is the time you have for it Maurice?

Profile photo of LeoMoon
    LeoMoon

“I too am not sure about the fake friendships aspect, I have actually made some very real connections through facebook.”

I dont think either it’s only to make fake friendships, but I’ve heard many ppl over the years complaining about social media saying that you can only collect fake friendships; I dont think it’s true either.

“However, I am concerned about the use, like ALL communication, of propaganda and political spin. Its very nerve wracking for it to be the only means of interpersonal communication AND information gathering in the same space. This is why I was so attracted to looking at the chart! ”

I agree with you, I also think it’s nerve wracking because imagine if someone just got into your account would have access to practically all your personal communications. My mom is even using messenger to call me, because it’s free. What do they do with those calls? are they being saved somewhere?. It freaks me out to think that we might be really be monitored.

Profile photo of Sol
    Sol
    Participant

Yes this chart is just so graphic and should be basic in any astrological training. And it is so powerful with that Sun-Neptune energy. Neptune is also on its own nodal axis which makes it extremely strong.

Neptune is a globalizing kind of energy and Facebook has proven to be just that kind of global brain.

I am a huge Facebook fan, especially since I get to connect with all kinds of astrology nerds allover the planet, and this is the first time in history that we have this chance.

My Sun is conjunct the Sun of Facebook. No wonder I am such a Facebook geek.

Mandi Rae
    Participant

Sol! Haha what a cool response. Thanks! I love Facebook too, it’s really only recently that it has started to make me nervous, but maybe that is just the wobbly state of things that is reflecting onto Facebook that I am feeling anxious about.

Profile photo of Sol
    Sol
    Participant

😀 Yes. The collective mind is a wonderful and frightening place. I have great faith in the future and I think these social forums are incredibly powerful for good and bad. Mostly for good though. There are great people everywhere. Let them find each other!

Profile photo of Eugenia Krok, MA
    Eugenia Krok, MA
    Participant

Wow, Mandi Rae!

What an awesome topic! The natal chart of Facebook! Thank you for posting!

I love everyones contribution to the topic! And I think, no matter how good or bad Facebook can be, it is in part Facebook that we have to thank for pioneering online communities just like this one! A virtual reality, full of people who value what we personally value in this world. This, of course is is not always the case in non-virtual reality 😉

If this is in fact the appropriate chart for the this mammoth of a company, I am most intrigued by Venus at the top of the chart! The Goddess of Love sat high in the sky shining down when the first post was made. I see this both as a blessing from our beautiful Aphrodite and also a clear indication of why so many are inclined to put their best face forward when using this social media platform.

And of course the Sun/Neptune conjunction, making sense of the power of imagery used in posts and illusionary nature of how we see into only parts of others lives. While we may perceive a friends life as going one way, behind the curtains may be a very different story. I am also pretty curious about the juxtaposition of Pluto in Sagittarius squaring Jupiter and the intrinsic conflict of information giving and taking. Not to mention the Chiron/Mercury conjunction! Communication both being the wound and the gift, as we have certainly see play out with cyber-bullying, internal conflicts, breach of confidentiality, all the while giving us the power to connect and reconnect with loved ones.

Wow! This chart has just cracked open a whole can of worms for me! Thanks again!

Eugenia

Profile photo of Sol
    Sol
    Participant

This post gave me so much to think about.

Facebook is teaching us how the etheric web is working. I think many people get this understanding by an increased awareness that what you put out in the etheric web matters. Also we meet people with whom we never had any physical contact with, but get an instant recognition of. We start to “see” and “hear” what is whispered. Telepathy I attribute to Neptune. This is first step in a global revolution to recognize the fact that we are able to tune into each other. Synchronicity is also something we can attribute to Uranus/Neptune energy. I love it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get the Pele Report Straight to Your Inbox!
See what Kaypacha is up to, along with more astrology news!
We respect your privacy.