Intercepted signs and inconjuncts.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ari Moshe Wolfe Ari Moshe Wolfe 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of trace
    trace
    Participant

Hello,

I am looking for a clear definition (or visual) on two things:

1. What is an exactly is an intercepted sign? What does it mean?

2. What is the significance of 150 degree angle – the inconjunct?

You’re welcome to use my chart if it helps explain the question, but it’s not necessary.
    Any type of visual helps my learning style a lot if possible.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mic.K
    Mic.K
    Participant

Hey Trace,

I have purchased Ari Moshe’s book. It is a great book and it covers what you are asking. He writes it well and he is very clear. The best I could do is copy and paste from his text….

Best in your journey of discoveries and answers. I hope you are doing well….xMic

Profile photo of Ari Moshe Wolfe
    Ari Moshe Wolfe
    Participant

Hey Trace,

1. Intercepted sign. In most cases each sign will fall somewhere along 2 houses and hover a house cusp. For example in your chart every sign except for Aquarius and Leo fall on a house cusp. Sag rules your first house, Capricorn rules your 2nd house, Pisces rules your 3rd house, Aries your 4th, Taurus your 5th, Taurus also rules your 6th, Gemini your 7th, Cancer your 8th, Virgo your 9th, Libra your 10th, Scorpio your 11th and 12th.

So what happened to Leo and Aquarius? They simply do not fall on a house cusp. These signs are called intercepted in that they are intercepted between house cusps. What does this mean?
    In the most general sense it just means they do not rule houses. When a sign rules a house, that sign and the ruler of that sign energizes all activity in that house. So Neither Leo nor Aquarius are ruling any of your houses, but this doesn’t mean they are invisible or have no relevance. They are still there and to understand what they actually reflect about your soul journey and purpose we’d want to check for:

1. Are there a lot of planets in those signs?
    2. Where are the planetary rulers of those sings (in this case the Sun and Uranus)? What’s going on with them? Are they heavily aspected? What kind of karmic dynamics are implied with those planets?

This will tell us about those intercepted signs. In some cases intercepted signs can reflect areas that are not highly integrated/ developed such as in the case where there are no planets in those signs and/or their rulers aren’t heavily aspected in the chart. OR in a total opposite way, if there are lots of planets in those signs and/or if the rulers of those signs are heavily aspected and very prominent in the chart then the intercepted signs will reflect areas that are very developed. Meaning even if they don’t rule a house they can still be very active in the chart.

And I don’t want to make this a black and white thing. As always we want to feel into what it actually reflects. To go beyond the idea of “developed” or “not developed” we want to find out what the story is and what the evolutionary purpose/intention is.

In your case – what do you think those intercepted signs mean? I’m happy to help you out with this. Look at what’s going on in those signs and what’s going on with their rulers. What do you think it might reflect for you, for your soul journey to have manifested Leo and Aquarius both intercepted in the 2nd and 8th houses respectively?

2. The 150 degree inconjunct
    There are 2 inconjuncts. If you imagine a planet on the ascendant and count 150 degrees, you’ll find a planet roughly around the 6th house. That’s the first inconjunct. IF you imagine a planet on the ascendent and count 210 degrees you’ll find a planet somewhere in the 7th house or so. That’s the second inconjunct.

Within the phasal relationship between all planets the first inconjunct happens BEFORE the opposition. And it archetypally reflects the relationship between Aries and Virgo. It occurs within the gibbous phase which is the name for the any planets that are at an elongation of 135 – 179 degrees from each other. The gibbous phase is the last phase before the opposition and has a very strong quality of getting things together, organizing, micro managing, refining. Think of the frenetic energy we often feel before the full Moon. The Gibbous inconjunct is an important station within the gibbous phase. Happening at the 150 degree point the intention is to refine and turn one’s attention to the details at hand without getting lost in the details. It can be challenging because relative tot he initial impulse (Aries) there is now the need to tend to many details that the soul doesn’t feel like it has a grasp on or knows how to quite manage (Virgo). So there can be a feeling of overwhelm just as much as a tendency to completely avoid moving forward and taking care of what needs to be done.

The key with the Gibbous phase incojunct is to address what needs to be addressed and focus on the matter at hand. The clarity will literally unfold as we do our part, not if we wait until we have it all figured out. That’s the basics. There is often a lot of crisis and stress associated with this aspect, be it natally or in transit. But there is great potential for healing and mastery as well because I feel we really learn humility and not taking our role too seriously: just doing what we gotta do, being ok with however it goes and then moving on, learning as we go.

One gibbous inconjunct that pops out at me in your chart for reference: Chiron and Saturn.

Ari Moshe Wolfe
    Participant

Mic, in general feel free to paste anything from the ebook on this forum that you think might be helpful.

Profile photo of Mic.K
    Mic.K
    Participant

Ari, that is good to know that I can share from your book.

I learn from what and how you share Ari…. thank you, thank you.

Hey Trace, great question. I loved the ending bit…

” I feel we really learn humility and not taking our role too seriously: just doing what we gotta do, being ok with however it goes and then moving on, learning as we go.”

I have finally taken a deep dive into buying several of the recommended books. I feel stocked up for a course or something. After teaching online courses, I feel many of the components of a course are within the NPA offerings… and those of other useful websites, but it is a self directed school…..we determine the (outcomes)– but, maybe yet, ……our soul determines – but yet again, …… our movements are NOT even about (outcomes) …. just doing what we gotta do…. ! Ha! I am tumbling along the divine swirl of discovering…. and you….

Trace,how goes your figuring friend? I send my love… xMic

Profile photo of trace
    trace
    Participant

Hi – thank you both. 🙂

I have printed it out and plan to spend some time with it, I’ll do my best to get back to you sooner than later although this is a lot to wrap my head around, but such good learning! Thank you (angel) Ari and Mic – Love what you both contributed amd am immensely grateful for your presence and help untangling the knots. <3

Profile photo of trace
    trace
    Participant

Ari, thank you considerably for taking the time to clearly explain what an intercepted sign is. I have such a better grasp on it now that I have sat down and matched your written words with the visuals in my chart. Thank you for also giving generals guidelines, asking questions, and pointing to focusing on the evolutionary intent as ways to feel into the chart signatures. Brilliant! As for your questions, I have answered them in my notes and am going to type them up here. Any feedback, re-alignment, further suggestions, or validation would really be appreciate if you have the time and of benefit to my learning. Okay, here goes:

Leo and Aquarius are the two intercepted signs in my chart.

When you asked if a lot of planets fall in those signs, the answer is: NO, only my Aquarius Moon (Planetary Ruler: Uranus) and Chiron in the 5th house (Planetary Ruler: The Sun) fall into my chart. Both the Sun and Uranus are in Sag, 12th house. To me this says that my Consciousness and Personal Individuation are dedicated to spiritual truth in relationship to unconditional love. That’s what I feel into with the placement of those archetypes.

Next you ask if they are heavily aspected. The answer is no, not really. The Sun conjuncts Mercury equaling the way I think (which is also chaotic with undercurrents of truth and spirituality – and even repressed with Lilth there). Uranus and Mercury are in a Balsamic phase to the Sun, indicating these aspects are coming into completion. However, Uranus squares my natal Aquarian Moon, in a crescent phase – implying the way I feel and where I am coming from contains lots of shock and trauma that is in conflict with my own personal experience of Chaos/Stability (12th & 2nd house, 1st quarter square). This speaks to my healing of this trauma being unique and indiviualist to me – meaning no self help book is going to cut the cake. Feeling into on an even deeper level, finding my own inner unconditional love may be key to being able survive here on Earth (as I struggle with both very much).

As for what’s happening in the signs of Leo and Aquarius, it is like you said, the 2nd/8th House Polarity Axis point that is underdeveloped. This fits what I wrote above, as I see my ability to ground and be entirely self sufficient or even financially independent also struggle in my day to day adult life. I don’t own a home or have any true stability because I never wanted to “sell out” to the current status quo, and so in following my heart (or deeper spiritual undercurrents to truth – all that Sag) I have wound up at 34 with this area severely lacking at present. As for Leo being in my 8th house of Scorpio – this fits as under developed as well! I have some serious Alcoholic Mom issues (including severe emotional incest/abuse – leading right back to the trauma mentioned earlier) in which have resulted in me being totally afraid of expressing who I really am (Chiron in the 5th) and either not being involved in romantic relationships at all, or being with partners NOT capable of real intimacy and connection, resulting in no true union required of by Scoripo (or utter abandonment, replying themes of being left for being who I am -ek! What insight!). My personal relationships have struggled to no end as a result of this and it has been about two years since I’ve started therapy for all I’ve written about. This very much speaks to the karmic dynamics in need of conscious attention/re-work/integration in order for the Soul to recover it’s skipped skips (NN cancer 7th/ SN cap 1st), with the Pluto Polarity being 4th house. Ok, it all seems to weave in beautifully of what I already know about my chart. Leo in the 8th also explains why I tend to get into incredibly deep waters when expressing myself – more than people care/want/or have the capacity to know or is even appropriate for the situation/relationship. Maybe even like this super honest (sag) response to your questions! In short, the intercepted signs point to more integration needed within the self AND in union which ironically mirrors my North Node (7th cancer) and Pluto Polarity Point (4th Aries) in relationship to self and others. This means I should keep going to Therapy to work on integrating all this trauma and experimenting with what works for me so that my Soul can finally do it’s NN without freaking out and I can recover my skipped steps between self and other !

*pauses to take in how profound this is all is*

Wow Ari. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explore and learn without just making it black or white, or handing me an answer. This incredibly valuable, not only to my learning of Astrology but also to my Souls personal journey and struggles. Thank you a thousand times over. Any feedback I would really dig, constructive or otherwise. I haven’t attempted the second part of your writing on the 150 inconjunct yet, as I wanted to take it slow, piece by piece. This pieces is now complete so I’m going to go address that part now and give you a chance to perhaps “check my homework” thus far if you can. 🙂 Many blessings (Angel) Ari.

Ari Moshe Wolfe
    Participant

Hi Trace, thank you so much for your interpretation and sharing of your own life experience! Everything you wrote accurately expresses the nature and meaning of your intercepted Leo and Aquarius 2nd 8th house axis. To support and further embellish what you have written:

You hit some important points, in particular the emphasis of both rulers of Leo and Aquarius being in Sag in the 12th, and the crescent square (internalization, self knowledge) between Uranus and the Moon which is in your intercepted Aquarius. This says that in this lifetime your soul is reconnecting to it’s own unique value (Aquarius 2nd house) and creative power and purpose (Leo 8th) through focusing within on who you truly are and letting your inner truth/ connection to Source lead the way regardless of what that looks like (Sun Uranus) and regardless of how much it feels like you may be going your own way. The 2nd 12th emphasis in your chart really speaks to that.

The north node which as you pointed out is the resolution node to your skipped step, is also ruled by that Aquarius Moon. This gives us a good sense of exactly how your soul is intending to integrate healthy intimacy and relationships in this life (7th house Cancer north node). There is a deep soul calling within you for going inside, for genuine nourishing, for getting to know yourself from within as the FOUNDATION for all relationships (2nd house Moon in Aquarius ruling 7th house north node). Reconnecting to self/source is the key here (Moon in Aquarius in 2nd ruled by and squaring Uranus in Sag in the 12th). Doing trauma work and focusing on your own understanding of the Truth, meditation, dream work, exploring your personal unconscious (Uranus in 12th) – whatever your guided towards – and of course learning how to be alone in a new way all fits with that. There is a lot of deconditioning from lifetimes of judgment and shame (Venus in Cap on sn, Libra 10th house planets, Saturn balsamic to Pluto) and your soul has pretty much exhausted the need to continue to know itself according to external standards (same signatures). So you are now seeking liberation (Aquarius Moon, Uranus, Uranus Sun conjunction).

With Leo in the 8th and Sun in 12th with all this strong balsamic energy (dissolving, completing a cycle), I think the shift is realizing that your light, your creative essence, which includes your story, your insight, your personal truth, your appreciation and adoration of life IS God’s expression, is heaven’s gift. The liberation is in just being what you are: sharing your light more freely without needing to control it’s expression, all the while referencing your inner teacher as a discerning guide (sag in 12th). You got Jupiter up there ruling all your Sag in a new phase with Saturn and Pluto in Scorpio in the 10th. Squares your nodes, resolved through your north node in the 7th and trines your Moon the North node ruler in Aquarius in the 2nd. So there’s a whole lot of intuitive know how and wisdom that naturally wishes to be shared through you in service to others. I think your own evolution will continue to come into focus as you continue to open up the channels to share your clarity, compassion, insight, creativity, guidance etc via your own soul guidance/timing. Feels like a lot of that might be starting to come into focus with Saturn and Neptune working all your Sag right now.

Feel free to continue to explore this as you are called. In general, and especially now, it might take several days to respond but I’m here!

Profile photo of trace
    trace
    Participant

Ari, I cannot thank you enough for the this thread. I have such a better grasp on what I originally asked as well as you help filling in the missing pieces. The time, thought, and consideration you put into this thread is acknowledged and deeply appreciated, it means a great deal to me. Thank you for the support, encouragement, and learning – and also just for being you. :)!

Ari Moshe Wolfe
    Participant

You are so welcome! Thanks so much for your kind feedback Trace. I really appreciate your honest and sincere efforts in this thread as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get the Pele Report Straight to Your Inbox!
See what Kaypacha is up to, along with more astrology news!
We respect your privacy.