Progressed chart 101

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eugenia Krok, MA Eugenia Krok, MA 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vanessa Joy
    Vanessa Joy
    Participant

Hello cosmic friends!
    The time has come when another element of astrology rears its head, just when I am looking for answers and think I’ve explored all of the avenues.

Thus far Progressed Charts have been a bit over my head, from my understanding they view a natal chart at an evolved perspective representing the inner growth of the individual (sound about right?).

Could someone explain how this is calculated so my rationale can be deafened with some logic and I can carry on finding how these Progressed energies relate to me?

Would a professional astrologer always consider a Progressed Chart side by side with a Natal Chart, every time?

I’ve attached my progressed and natal as an example. From what I’ve read- the moon should progress every 2.5 years- but it seems my natal moon stellium has not budged. Is this normal? It certainly ‘feels’ about right.

Also should I now privately consider myself a libra with rising sag and not a Virgo Scorpio rising?

Any articles / links or vids you have that would help me better understand this element would be greatly appreciated!!

Vanessa Joy X

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Vanessa Joy
    Participant

You guys!! I just learnt I am having my progressed Lunar Return, what timing to decide to learn about progressed charts!! All makes sense as I am in India for a couple of months after quitting my job before I return to a new-ness of life ?? Isnt astrology mad!
    The Mercury that’s on my shifted MC feels like finally finding a sense of expression.

Profile photo of Mic.K
    Mic.K
    Participant

Great question as I have yet to grasp progressions as well. Thank you for being open and posting so we can learn together on this. I will be watching/reading and again thank you….

yes astrology is trippy…. on your Lunar Return you just happen to be in India for a couple of months….

xMic

Profile photo of yellowferret
    yellowferret
    Participant

Hi Vanessa:
    I always look at a natal chart by itself first and when I have a feeling for that, I factor in transits and progressions- I don’t look side by side, I make a ‘tri wheel’ with three concentric rings- natal in the middle transits around that and progressions around the edge.
    I look at where progressions are changing house, hitting angles or aspecting natal planets. My broad brush understanding is that transits mainly show influences coming from the outsides and causing change and growth- events and actions of others, for example. Progressions are more changes arising from deep inner impulses from within ourselves.
    One of my fave books looking at secondary progressions is Bernadette Brady’s ‘The Eagle and the Lark’ not evolutionary astrology, mainstream astrology forecasting including different techniques. I thought she was specially good on Progressed lunar phases- is the progressed moon new, full, balsamic, gibbous? its something I tend to look at when reading and chart and it seems resonant.
    Was that progressed or transiting Mercury hitting your MC you mentioned? The progressed angles I haven’t really worked with. Does anyone else?
    Looking at a progressed chart as an entity is not something I usually do. I suppose its a snapshot to be considered in the way one looks at a solar return.
    At the moment my progressed chart has a yod ( I always fancied having a yod…. 🙂 ) with Pluto and the north node conjunct in the first house at the apex, moon and jupiter / saturn at the base. I certainly feel a deep inner need to kick over the traces and become a new me that I always wanted to be on my own terms… but I can’t quite see how. I’m hoping that having Chiron cross the MC imminently will shift things / ‘galvanize’ somehow. Its hard to behave with Eris and Uranus in the tenth- much biting tongue and ‘loving kindness’ practice, even with gritted teeth!
    Hope I go to India one day. Have fun.
    yellowferret x

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Vanessa Joy
    Participant

Thanks Yellow ferret for your input. The tri wheel looks amazing albeit INTENSE! May take a wee bit of time to get my head around that. What program/site where you using to produce such a clean looking chart could I ask 🙂
    Hate to be pokey but are you London based also!? I’ve been looking for a London Astrology meet up group to no avail- which seems crazy in this massive city- perhaps this is another thread though..
    The progressed Mercury is conjunct my progressed Mc. Though I’m not sure if it’s super relevant to access aspects of two progressed planets and not involve natal planets.
    I will have a look out on Amazon for Bernadettes book!
    Your loving kindness practise will see you in India too soon I bet!

Profile photo of Eugenia Krok, MA
    Eugenia Krok, MA
    Participant

Vanessa!

Great topic! Perhaps it is one some of the Dream Team Member’s can do a video tutorial on? I’ll put it out there to them!

Like, yellowferret, I only bring Progressed Charts into client work, well after we have established a deep understanding of the Natal Chart. I feel it would be far too much information to describe for the beginning astrologer or the clients whom only comes for consultations once every few months or once a year, which is often times the case.

I believe progression is best used when you are ready for more! Which it seems you are!

Here is how I see Progression Charts. Our natal chart is certainly the foundation of our psyche. It names habitual patterns of both you and your family/home of origin. It names large important cycles and themes. It clarifies why we are here and what we will be working on. But I am sure you have noticed, that you have changed and shifted throughout your life? You will still look back to foundational aspects of your psyche, which will be remembered as stories, events, and feelings. But perhaps you will start looking at this foundational stuff differently, though new perspectives? These are your progressed eyes.

So for example, you were born a Virgo, and you will always feel those Virgoan themes, but perhaps now you are finding yourself drawn to Libran themes, with your Progressed Sun in Libra… e.g. partnership has become quite important or perhaps you are drawn to Libras or they to you? Yet Venus has progressed into Virgo, so perhaps you have also learned to really love and appreciate Virgoian themes?

And with your Progressed Lunar Return in Capricorn, it is no wonder you are reevaluating your working life, through a deep emotional practice in India! You have returned to the depth of your moon, housed neatly between big important planets! This is an important time, especially as you are in Saturn Return!

And as you can see a lot of the other planets will not make MAJOR changes in our Progressed chart, like Pluto. This just highlights the importance of these themes in our journey.

I have to point out that your Natal AND Progressed Mars Retrograde is rather interesting and informative and is something I’d suggest you dive into, a little more deeply. I wonder how this Mars Retrograde will work with you?

I hope this has been helpful?

Eugenia

Profile photo of Mic.K
    Mic.K
    Participant

Hey thanks to each of you. This is helpful…..

xMic

Profile photo of yellowferret
    yellowferret
    Participant

Hi Vanessa:
    I use Solar Fire. I love it- an update every few years as they add new features. I got my from the wonderful Roy Gillett in the UK ( he writes about astrology and buddhism and compassion among other things). He has been very helpful – ‘crucial astro tools’ UK I think it is. It was the last gift my father gave me before he died- he thought astrology was b******ks but gave it to me because it mattered to me which made it especially precious And I have sun (father) opposite uranus (astrology).
    The tri wheel would look much less intense if I had filtered out some of the asteroids. I was interested, and put them in when I was footering about seeing where Eris would be. I don’t need asteroids in all the time! I have quite enough keeping up with planets. I noticed Kaypacha using a transit and progression list as generated by solar fire when he was showing us his reading method. I’m slightly overwhelmed by those lists, they look too much like a bank statement- perhaps it’s a case of whether you like your info visually or otherwise- I suspect both is the ideal.
    I am a Londoner, but currently living on a tiny offshore island (don’t ask 🙂 !). London was and should still be an astrologers paradise. I never found an evolutionary group when I was there- I wish I had! I learned SO much at the Company of Astrologers (divanatory / traditional)- they did lectures in the Hampstead area and looked at current affairs charts afterwards, taught me some basic horary and medical and infused me with a respect for our western astrological roots, Lilly and all that. I also went to the theosophical society,the the faculty of astrological studies, the london school and the centre for psychological astrology and every conference and lecture going. I did courses on jung and astrology (magical) and medical astrology and herbalsim (deeply compelling).
    OK, I admit it, I was an astrological tart….. but it was an amazing experience! It is in discovering evolutionary astrology that I think I have found my astrological home. [ps NPA community-I love you guys!] There were lectures at AA conferences by evolutionary astrologers but I ended up in other rooms that day and trust there was a reason.
    I would be surprised if there isn’t an EA group in London. Have you tried asking the amazing John Etherington of midheaven books, the best astro book shop in the world bar none? If there isn’t one, you have to start one and when I come home, I’ll join!
    Love yf xxx

Vanessa Joy
    Participant

Hi all. So many great replies, my late reply is courtesy of the horrors of Indias wifi connectivity! The progressed chart rabbit hole deepens and I relish the wonderland. Mik have you found some gems?
    Eugenia thanks for bringing awareness to my Mars RX positioning, I feel like after further investigation it’s something (especially with its RX progression also) I can finally get my head around. These transiting Mars RX periods are always a serious test of my patience.
    Also your and Sol’s Asteroid vids has finally given my the momentum and overview to get stuck into these female archetypes and couldn’t be at a better time! Such brilliant info.
    YellowFerret – Company of Astrologers, I’ll have to check that out when I get back in near the Hampstead area! And mid heaven bookshop. 🙂
    Xx

Profile photo of Eugenia Krok, MA
    Eugenia Krok, MA
    Participant

Awesome Vanessa! I am so pleased you got some helpful information from this forum and the discussion with Sol. We really loved talking about the feminine! To the degree, we will be offering a workshop about it VERY soon! Stay tuned!

Eugenia

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get the Pele Report Straight to Your Inbox!
See what Kaypacha is up to, along with more astrology news!
We respect your privacy.