This chart overwhelms me

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SArah McCulloch SArah McCulloch 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SArah McCulloch
    SArah McCulloch
    Participant

Hi Experts,

I’m doing the thing where you look at your family’s and friends’ charts and I’m totally stumped by all the squares in this chart. I don’t know where to start! This is my sister’s chart.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Ari Moshe Wolfe
    Ari Moshe Wolfe
    Participant

Hey Sarah,
    We can’t really interpret a chart without any context. Your sister is living a real life, the chart just reflects that. There are so many ways it can go depending on her life/cultural context, her observed level of consciousness, the choices she’s made throughout her life relative to this life’s evolutionary and karmic causes etc. 20 people with the same chart can have completely different life experiences because they are completely different souls.

So if your sister is in agreement with this, I invite you to share more about her life: what she’s up to, some of her background and what’s real for her and then I’ll be happy to offer some pointers. Let me/us know too where you’re at in your understanding of the chart – specifically what stumps you so I can gauge where you’re at in your own learning.

Profile photo of Sol
    Sol
    Participant

There are those individuals who will have a lot of squares in their charts. How they respond to this evolutionary impulse is what the evolutionary levels are all about. The higher your awareness, the less stressful the so called stressful aspects are.

This is a very important point, because for beginning astrology students trying to get a grip on aspects run into the classic fatalistic “oh, that is a Baaad aspect” kind of astrology.

The more growth oriented charts needs a bit of fuel to ensure that growth is achieved.

Profile photo of Sol
    Sol
    Participant

Quick note on evolutionary levels:

Consensus (a large amount of humanity is here): operates more or less unaware of deeper layers of themselves. Primary motive: survival, fitting in. Can be extremely smart and intelligent, but follow the rules of their given society.

Individuating level: People who will spend their lives aligning with their free will, breaking free from society. In the first stage of this journey, there will be isolation and dissolution of former identity, but in the later stages, the individual re-enters society with their personal gifts.

Spiritual level:
    Here the individual is aligning with spiritual law. The need to surrender to a transpersonal plan. A higher self.

SArah McCulloch
    Participant

Thank you Ari and Sol. I’m going to ask my sister if it’s ok to talk about her life first. I’d say she’s probably in the consensus stage.

I think what’s overwhelming to me is all the conjunctions. I’m finding it hard to tease apart how all the planets are affecting each other and then and with the aspects it looks like a big hair all to me!! It’s so frustrating being at this stage where I want to read charts so badly but I need more practice!
    I do appreciate this community and all your expert help.

Profile photo of Sol
    Sol
    Participant

When there is a lot of conjunctions or stelliums, it is important to note that they operate as a intense focus in one sign. Your sister has a lot going on in mutable signs. Stellium in both Gemini and in Virgo. Both are ruled by Mercury. Which makes her chart incredibly “mercurial”

So rule no 1 when looking at charts and not fall into overwhelmed modus is to check for the essentials. It is so easy to fall into the trap of wanting to understand every single factor of the chart, and then the big picture is lost.

Check out Maurice’s book on Evolutionary astrology. He goes into the basic in a very sound and effective way.

Good luck!

Profile photo of Mic.K
    Mic.K
    Participant

Making these discussions available within the forum is a bonus as I glean from (reading) listening. Thanks to you all for being transparent.

I am like you SArah in the beginning steps. So thanks for boldly putting you and your sister out there.

Sol and Ari I am learning with every answer you generously give.

So much of this makes sense in a way which I often feel as though I operate with somehow knowing but not having the details of evolutionary astrology at hand. It is as though I am getting a language for what is …. is already known. Yet I am but an infant here.

So I am very curious with the context point. I haven’t ever heard that but that makes so much sense and opens so much understanding. That being said it seems as I am learning today that I can find my way with evolutionary astrology through my listening and responding to context. The context of the one I am speaking with the and context for our lives crossing opens my understanding evolutionary astrology. Then I am seeing the astrological read amplify and extend this knowing/discovery/offering.

My momentum in understanding evolutionary astrology and being able to speak it is coming round in baby steps and then leaps. Remarkably at times….and I sense that this context + astrology is what works for opening my insights with evolutionary astrology.
    Any warnings or insights about my approach are welcome. Sometimes I am such a happy fish learning so much I can’t speak to a question.

I have books deep and a list of information to absorb. And yet I don’t do best with books and lists. This forum, the videos, the recordings are squeezed into my richly full life with immense delight as though I am at a deep flourishing well…

As what I am learning is exchanged my friends and family. One shared today that I am “creating a space which opens…. and allows an honoring of what is…” It is friggin beautiful. And evolutionary astrology and what you are all teaching is creating something here for me…. beyond measure.

Thank you!! each of you.

Profile photo of Ari Moshe Wolfe
    Ari Moshe Wolfe
    Participant

Hi Mic, thanks for your sharing.

So I am very curious with the context point. I haven’t ever heard that but that makes so much sense and opens so much understanding. That being said it seems as I am learning today that I can find my way with evolutionary astrology through my listening and responding to context. The context of the one I am speaking with the and context for our lives crossing opens my understanding evolutionary astrology. Then I am seeing the astrological read amplify and extend this knowing/discovery/offering.

My momentum in understanding evolutionary astrology and being able to speak it is coming round in baby steps and then leaps. Remarkably at times….and I sense that this context + astrology is what works for opening my insights with evolutionary astrology.

I find that as well. It’s all so organic, fun, interesting and heart centered when I allow my learning and teaching to be focused in direct human connection. I learn the most that way. I have been going through a radical realization of this in my own work. My upcoming NPA video this Sunday will talk a lot about that.

Profile photo of Mic.K
    Mic.K
    Participant

So cool Ari, I am thrilled to know you are doing a video… sa’weet. Serious thrill here…. bubbles inside.

Yesterday I listened to the Pele report thinking of this forum interaction… and it peeked my noticing that context seeps into those videos in such an organic way… and things click, click click for me.

When you speak, ”

It’s all so organic, fun, interesting and heart centered when I allow my learning and teaching to be focused in direct human connection. I learn the most that way.

yes yes yes… and isn’t there even direct nature – heart connection. For example I can feel and engage the presence of specific rock(s)… (which is a beautiful connection articulately opened by a learned one who didn’t see it coming either… but the crystals were calling to her to meet me… such a fun remarkable exchange clearly opened….) There seems to be a presence which does not have to be physical. But, for me is it easiest to first learn physically. Some rich dimension of what is within connections that is taught through the physical.(?)

Anyways, I am thrilled to have -my awareness- of what is – that of my hearts exchange with the world. My awareness to go beyond (planets stars …..+) ….. which the NPA is bridging for me.

I may have taken what you said, beyond maybe just a bit. I loop out into the beyond in a blink… I am pretty porous while transporting it with such banal measures… it is the mud between my toes which lights me up kind of thing.

Thx for affirming. Best to your video production… bravo. As I hit the ocean today I will send belly up to the ocean all you desire to be…& seen with tidal power & rhythm ever so vivid in the video.

SArah McCulloch
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Sol! I’ll get Maurice’s book right away. Now I’m going to go watch Ari’s video. Can’t wait!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get the Pele Report Straight to Your Inbox!
See what Kaypacha is up to, along with more astrology news!
We respect your privacy.