Please read and agree to all Booking Terms and Conditions prior to registering for the workshop:
Basically, you will need:
1. A Covid test within 3 days of the workshop
2. International medical insurance
3. A round trip ticket within 90 days of arrival
4. A passport valid for the next 6 months
5. A healthpass form (see below)
TRAVEL AND FLIGHT INFORMATION
Please secure your reservation with us before booking your flight tickets. New Paradigm Astrology (hereafter NPA), does not include the airfare and the transportation to and from the Liberia airport (not SJO San Jose!). Given today’s circumstances you should purchase refundable tickets. NPA is not responsible for any travel costs should the event or your participation in the event, be canceled.
To enter and exit Costa Rica, you must bring a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining before expiration date. Most of the countries are not required to issue a Visa to enter. For most countries you will need to show a return ticket from Costa Rica within 90 days of your arrival date. All particiapants must have their own medical insurance.
COVID – 19 and Costa Rica
Citizens/residents from ALL countries are currently allowed to enter Costa Rica by air. For the latest restrictions (as of March 1st) CLICK HERE. Cases are way down in Costa Rica and most all restrictions have been lifted. While the Tico Times article above states that Costa Rica does not require passing a Covid test, for the safety of everyone involved in this workshop and so we do not need to practice social distancing, WE DO. In addition to the test there are specific entry requirements that must be met.
REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER COSTA RICA:
- Fill out the electronic epidemiological Health Pass form, available at https://salud.go.cr (available 48 hours prior to arrival; requires insurance to be purchased first).
- Traveler’s Medical Insurance – international or purchased through Costa Rica via the National Insurance Institute or Sagicor.
- For the National Insurance Institute (INS), we’ve found that the English version of their landing page is currently not working. Scroll down and click “COMPRAR” to continue.
- INS offers better rates as compared to Sagicor; Trawick International (more below) is currently offering the best rates for coverage that meets the CR requirements.
- OR an international insurance policy. Tourists must request a certification from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying at least the following three conditions:
- Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica.
- Guaranteed coverage of COVID-19 related medical expenses, with minimum coverage of $50,000 USD. While the plans offered by Costa Rican entities (linked above) only need to require $20,000 of medical coverage, international plans must meet the $50,000 USD minimum coverage.
- Includes a minimum coverage of $2,000 USD for lodging expenses as a result of being placed on quarantine if you become ill during your trip.*
*Many international insurance providers that we have researched, called, and vetted do NOT meet the lodging/accommodation requirement, such as: World Nomads and Safety Wing. Passengers who fail to comply with these requirements may not enter the country.
Upon landing in Costa Rican territory, travelers must wear face protection and comply with the protocols of the airport with regard to physical distancing and taking temperature readings, and must follow any other sanitary instructions.
International Travel Insurance Options:
U.S. Citizens: Trawick International has a policy that meets the requirements available that is far more affordable, depending on trip length and age of the travelers. Choose the “Safe Travels Voyager” option Don’t enter a value for “Insure Your Trip.”
Canadians: Trawick is offering a policy that meets the requirements for non-US citizens. Choose either “Safe Travels International” or “Safe Travels International Cost Saver.” Manulife insurance for bookings made by Aeroplan members does NOT meet the lodging/accommodation requirement.
Rest of World: Trawick is offering a policy that meets the requirements for non-US citizens. Choose either “Safe Travels International” or “Safe Travels International Cost Saver.”
A RT-PCR COVID-19 test with a negative result is required to participate in the workshop. In addition, we ask that anyone planning to attend the workshop, or the country itself, be mindful and consider changing their travel dates if they show ANY signs of the COVID-19 related symptoms and/or if they suspect having come in contact with someone who has/will test positive for the virus. Given that the NPA team is so small, we can protect each other by being mindful. Our Cancellation Policy takes this into consideration by offering to refund (100% minus fees) your reservation up to your date of arrival.
REQUIREMENTS TO RETURN TO THE US
From January 26th those returning to the U.S. will also be required to show a negative COVID result from a test taken within 72 hours of departure. More information here. Our understanding is that international passengers in transit via the U.S. are exempt, although please confirm with your local embassy.
We highly recommend that you extend your stay past the workshop, not only to visit other parts of Costa Rica but to also allow time outside the workshop to take your test prior to your flight. There are clinics in Liberia (30 minutes away) near the airport that provide PCR tests for your return trip.
Covid Cancellation Policy
New Paradigm Astrology is following Costa Rican guidelines about what criteria we must provide to our guests. Rest assured that we are taking COVID seriously and will update our policies as needed. The safety of staff and guests is our top priority. We have policies regarding cancellations and reservation changes to help keep you and our staff safe during these tough times.
NPA is currently accepting registrations under the following conditions:
- NPA will offer a refund of 100% of all money received minus transfer fees if you cannot fulfill your reservation due to COVID positive tests, country closures, or local rules and orders.
- NPA requires all reserved guests to present a COVID 19 test (either PCR or antigen) or a letter from an MD of having already recovered from it within three days of arrival.
- NPA requires all reserved guests to confirm a lack of COVID symptoms 48 hours from arrival.
- NPA cannot offer any COVID related refunds once a guest has arrived.
- NPA recommends purchasing refundable airline tickets for travel to Costa Rica.
- If at anytime during the course of the event a guest shows COVID symptoms they agree to remove themselves from the workshop, seek medical care, isolate themselves, and contact their insurance company for further instructions.
With so many regulations changing without notice, we highly recommend double checking your country’s guidelines and/or the local embassy guidelines in San José at the time of purchasing.